Atom Heart Mother was always for me a great piece of music. I loved all the suit and it was a great pleasure cover some parts with the guitar. Here I covered three parts:
- the SLIDE guitar SOLO,
- an improvisation on the Choral part,
- the funky blues solo which was a pearl of Mr. David in its simplicity and efficacy.
I used my Fender Stratocaster Vintage USA’57 (year 1986) and some BOSS GT10 User Sounds.
Part 1 (SLIDE Solo) … not common as the others… is a fantastic guitar solo from David Gilmour in 1969 on a great Organ Chords Structure …
- AUDIO Take High Quality Part1
- VIDEO Take Part1
Part 2 was an improvisation over Atom Heart Mother Choral Part in Eminor. I didn’t resist to do an improvisation on such a good backing part and I was inspired from a sound of my GT 10 that I like very very much…
- AUDIO Take High Quality Part2
- VIDEO Take Part2
Part 3 was the Atom Heart Mother Funky Blues in Gminor (I like this solo from Gilmour since I was 18 years old… more than 20 years passed now :-((( and it was an honor for me to register it and broadcast… )
- AUDIO Take High Quality Part3
- VIDEO Take Part3
- Here you can download my GT-10 Patches:
- Part 1 with BOSS GT10 was with a rich delay and reverb, Rectifier Ampli, Compressor and Equalizer, Big Muff for Overdrive part.
- Part 2 with BOSS GT10 User Sound (with rich delay and reverb, Rectifier Ampli, Compressor and Equalizer).
- Part 3 with BOSS GT10 User Patch directly in the PC (with rich reverb, Pro Crunch Ampli, Compressor, Booster and Equalizer).
- Here you can download the TABs I used (TABs, Chords & Guitar Pro file):
- BACKING TRACKS
For the first two backing tracks I really thanks to my friend Mattia for such great sounding backing to play with:
Backing Track of the part 3 was done by myself extracting the audio from the original Pink Floyd track (I made two versions, one with the standard lenght and one extended to improvise on):
Thanks for your interest!