Echoes it’s one of the greatest phrasing/amazing sounds ever done by Mr. David.
On top of the studio version, there are at least two live versions which I like a lot: the Pompeii one (1970) and the Gdansk one (2008).
In this page I covered parts of all the three versions.
- STUDIO VERSION: this is the AUDIO of the Intro of the Studio version of Echoes Part 1
- STUDIO VERSION: this is the VIDEO
- POMPEII VERSION: this is the AUDIO of the Pompeii Solo of Echoes Part 1
- POMPEII VERSION: this is the VIDEO (it is a both GUITAR & BASS cover of Echoes Part 1 SOLO; as a tribute to my city, I choose the Rome’s monuments as background … anyway an Italian place like Pompeii :-)))
- GDANSK VERSION: this is the AUDIO of the Gdansk version of Echoes Part 1 played live by Gilmour in 2008
- GDANSK VERSION: this is the VIDEO of the Intro Part
- STUDIO VERSION GEAR USED
Fender Stratocaster Vintage ’57 Neck Pickup, GT-10 User Patch
STUDIO VERSION EFFECT CHAIN: Dynacomp + Mid Boost + Clean Twin + EQ Bass Boost + Hall Reverb
- GDANSK VERSION GEAR USED
Fender Stratocaster Vintage ’57 Neck Pickup. Kemper Profiling Amplifier and Boss GT-10.
GDANSK INTRO EFFECT CHAIN: This was my first experiment using the new incredible KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER (for the Amp section) with my Boss GT-10. This was the chain -> Dynacomp Compressor + Natural OD + KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER with MARSHALL JCM2000 CLEAN PROFILE + EQ Meedle Boost + Delay 450 ms + very low Stereo Chorus + Hall Reverb
GDANSK SOLO EFFECT CHAIN: Compressor + Muff + MARSHALL JCM2000 CLEAN + EQ + Delay 450 ms + Stereo Chorus + Hall Reverb
- POMPEII GEAR USED
Warmoth Custom Jazz Bass; Fender Stratocaster Vintage ’57 BRIDGE Pickup; GT-10 User Patch
POMPEII EFFECT CHAIN: Warmoth Custom Jazz Bass; Fender Stratocaster Vintage ’57 BRIDGE Pickup; GT-10 User Patch (Dynacomp Compressor + Metal DIST + PRO CRUNCH AMPLI + EQ Bass Boost + Double delay 220 ms and 366 ms + Modulation Reverb).
- Here you can download here my GT-10 Patch / Kemper Profiler Amplifier Rig:
- Download here the TAB, the Guitar Pro Files & the Chords Structure I used for the song:
- Download here some useful Backing Tracks:
This song I covered, is property of Pink Floyd. This video is not being used to make money in any way and is for entertainment and leisure purposes only and to show the guitar effect tweaking and the way how I play it to be helpful to others to enjoy and try it with the same passion.