‘PIGS (Three Different Ones)‘ Guitar Solo Cover from ‘Animals’ Pink Floyd 1977 Studio Album
- AUDIO PIGs final SOLO in High Quality:
- VIDEO Pigs SOLO:
Many Pink Floyd fans consider Animals as an absolute masterpiece, I can only agree, I love every seconds of the entire album. Listening to it, all in sequence, is an incredible experience! Roger Waters in the last incredible tour performed LIVE both Dogs and Pigs recreating the exact atmosphere of the album.
This summer also I visit for the first time in London the Battersea Power Station, the iconic building on the River Thames, it was incredible! It is a lot of time that I want to cover something from this album, so this is my first piece! I hope to have time in the future to cover more from Animals …
It was not easy to try to play like David did in this solo, I strongly believe that in some parts he improvised since some licks seems less studied that other, but I like so much as it is that I do all the possible to recreate the same feeling and atmosphere. For sure it helps me a lot to wear the Pig T-shirt, infact it never happens to me to take for good just the first recording and unique take 😉
In the original Pink Floyd track the solo was mixed a little bit more in background respect the other David solos, I put it more in evidence over the backing.
I want to take advantage with this piece to really thanks my great Friend Alessandro Mancini, he have for sure the most extensive and accurate music knowledge I ever seen, from classical to hard rock. He gently borrow me the precious ‘piece of the pig’ taken from the concert in Rome at “Circo Massimo” of Roger Waters Tour in 2018. The filmed parts of the pigs at the beginning and at the end of the video are again from the Circo Massimo Live in Rome Concert of 2018 July, courtesy of Alessandro’s clips.
* Fender Stratocaster Vintage ’57, Bridge PICKUP Position, Tone to ‘7’
* Kemper Amplifier Custom Sound; EFFECT CHAIN: Noise Suppressor + Noise Gate + Compressor + EQ Pre Amp + Short Delay Pre Amp + Fuzz + AMP Clean + EQ Post Stack + Chorus + Space Rev + Natural Reverb (3 secs long; 30% Mix)
* Backing Track taken from Internet and adapted from Maurizio70
* Video recorded with Canon Legria HFS21, DAW Sequoia12 with MBOX3 Audio Interface
STAY HUMAN … or DIE !
… with my best disdain to all selfish and power-hungry pigs acting for self-interest only!
- Guitar TABs & Chords I personally adjust for the song:
- Master Audio Track, the Backing Track and my Isolated Guitar Track:
Hope you like it! Check the site for other songs and cover!
I do not own this song. This cover is simply a tribute to the original owners. ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF “FAIR USE”. SUCH MATERIAL REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL HOLDER AND IS USED HERE ONLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF EDUCATION, COMPARISON, AND CRITICISM ONLY. NO INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT IS INTENDED.